JPL’s Use of Generative AI Tools – Published 6/2/2023
JPL takes pride in embracing new technology and living our brand line, Relentless Evolution. With the rapid growth of generative AI technology, we seek to harness the value for our clients and our agency in a responsible and ethical way. As we do this, we believe it is essential to express our Agency Point-of-View (POV) so that we can set expectations with our team members and our clients.
Overall, JPL believes AI technology can help our team of professionals personalize experiences, automate repetitive tasks and boost creativity and innovation with the purpose of driving better results for our clients and ourselves. We seek to use AI to scale the impact of our talent while providing advanced career opportunities for our people.
We recognize that AI technology is rapidly developing and we will frequently review this POV and publish updates as needed.
JPL’s Use of Generative AI Tools
- We will not submit client confidential or client identifiable information into generative AI technology unless authorized by the client.
- We will always comply with client agreements, policies, and directives in using AI technology.
- We will always be transparent and disclose our use of AI technology to our clients and partners as it relates to the work we are performing for them.
- We will frequently use AI technology for research and to help with concepting and communicating ideas to client stakeholders.
- Our team members will always review, modify and edit any text or images generated by AI before we include them in a work product that is published or delivered to a client for review or approval.
- If a client requests or authorizes use of AI generated content that is not substantially modified or edited by our team, we will discuss potential copyright ownership implications and ensure agreement before moving forward.
- We will always take the time to review AI generated content in our work to ensure the content is factually accurate and aligns with the desired messaging, brand standards and goals of the client.
- When using AI, we deliberately look for and correct any representation, bias or discrimination issues that may be embedded in what has been generated.
- When providing access to AI technology through the products we build, we will only use reputable systems and provide the ability for a person to review the AI generated content and enable and disable the AI technology.
- To the best of our ability, we will ensure that our use of AI technology is aligned with legal requirements, including intellectual property rights, privacy and data protection laws.
- We provide ongoing education and training for our employees on the responsible use of AI technology, including this POV and other internal policies and industry ethical standards.
- We will continuously monitor the use of AI technology and evaluate its impact on our work and the industry. We will adapt our policies and practices as needed to ensure that our use of AI is ethical, transparent and aligned with our values and the JPL experience.
As a leading integrated marketing agency, JPL understands the power of language, images and video to educate, influence and affect change. We are committed to respecting this power by responsibly and ethically using AI technology as we help our clients achieve results.